Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I bake.

I love to bake. If I didn't end up eating the majority of what I bake, I would bake everyday. In the future, I want to own a big, clay, outdoor, wood-fired oven where I could bake all day without heating up the house. Pizzas, pies, fruit bread, cookies, quiche. I would bake them all!

Today I baked a lemon meringue pie. My first. My family uses the recipe on the Jello Lemon Pie filling box, but the secret is to add the juice of a whole lemon and the lemon zest to the pie filling.


And, what better use of leftover dough than cinnamon rolls!


I wanted to share my favorite recipe of all time. It is simple, easy and delicious!!

Aunt Maggie's Brownies!!

Combine dry ingredients.
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

On double boiler melt together:
1/3 cup butter
2 squares of unsweetened baker's chocolate

Whisk together:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat together dry and wet ingredients. Then add melted chocolate.
1/2 cup of nuts are optional.
Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a 9x9 inch pan.

They are always delicious, and I usually have all the ingredients in the house.

Enjoy!
Linds